First: Location Lubia is an Arabian village in the district of Tabariah, it is founded on old Romanian ruins on a hill that is 325 meters above sea level. In the south-east of Lubia is Al-Nassera, in the west is the village of “Alshajara” , in the north the village of “Hattin”, and in the south the village of “Kafar Kama”. Before the village was occupied by people it was called the “Leopard” then after people lived in it, it became Lubia. Lubia is like a castle because it is located on a hill that’s surrounded by valleys from all directions. The village can’t be reached except from the north or south, from the east the village is unreachable because of the deep valley that surrounds it, which is 100 meters deep. The buildings of the village are on the eastern side of the hill Lubia is located on, and the architectural grow is focused on the eastern side maybe because it overlooks an agricultural land. The eastern side of the village and the western side are separated by a road that connects Lubia with Al-Nassera. The village was completely destroyed in 1948, its residents had to immigrate from the village, and the Zionists built the “Livi” settlement on its land in 1948, and another settlement was recently built on Lubia.
Second: Monuments The village of Lubia is a historical land that has cemeteries carved in stones, pieces of stones that were used for building. 2 kilometers to the east is a remain of a Khan named the “Lubia Khan”, which was with great importance in 1003. This Khan in the Ottoman era was a station for merchants, where caravans from Aaka passed through it in its way to Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. The ruins of this building still include a broken fountain, and huge rocks. In the southern west side of the “Hemah” plain is an old ruin, where springs of the “Al-Tell” mountain flow its water to an old lake. That lake was used to give the animals the water they needed, and to irrigate the gardens.
Third: The land and agriculture The lands of Lubia are divided to three main segments. The first part is the lands located around the village and on its same height, which are 250 meters above sea level. This part is rugged. The second part is where the pastures are , it is a land used only for pastures. The third part is 2 thirds of the size of Lubia, it is a fertile plain, without rocks or stones. The deepest level in the plain is the sea level. Lubia in terms of Size and agricultural lands is the second biggest village in the district of Tabariah. The villages size is 210 donms, and the size of the hill, where the village is located is 1500 donms. The total size is about 40000 donms, Most of the land is for agriculture, olives trees invade 1520 donms of the total size. Also, it is worth mentioning that the Battle of Hattin in 1187 between Salah Al-Deen Al-Ayobi and the crusaders took place in Lubia.
Fourth: Population and education The population of Lubia in 1865 was about 400 people, in 1922 they were 1712 people, then it increased to 1850 people in 1931. However, in 1945 they were 2350 Arabs living in Lubia. Lubia’s elementary school was founded in 1898 during the Ottoman Era, and it continued its work during the British mandate until 1948. Lubia was occupied by Israel in July 16, 1948 after a furious battle between Zionists and the faithful residents of the village.